This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
Our skin goes through a lot; weather changes, makeup, physical abuse from our children, you name it. That’s why it is so important to find a night time skincare routine that nourishes your skin and most importantly, works for you!
For years I have battled with my skin. It has been either way too oily, or way too dry- there was really no in-between! Especially after I had my daughter, I was someone who struggled (and I mean struuuuuugled) with extremely dry skin. Since then, it has been my main goal to find the most effective night time skincare routine!
In the last year, I have received numerous positive comments on my skin so I thought it was only right to share my night time skincare routine with y’all!
These are the steps I take to help me achieve glowy and hydrated skin- this is my night time skincare
The majority of the products featured in this routine are either from Beauty Bay, YesStyle or your standard drugstore (Superdrug and Boots). It is in no way necessary to to spend ridiculous amounts of money to reach your skin goals. This post includes many affordable products that work great for me!
This is what my 6 step Night Time Skincare Routine looks like:
- Double cleanse
- Eye care
- Night mask (optional)
So let’s get started!
Step No.1- Double Cleanse
On days I wear makeup, I ALWAYS double cleanse! Once to dissolve the makeup from my face and twice for good measure and to ensure my skin gets all the benefits from the cleansing product.
- My go-to oil cleanser is the Klairs Gentle Black Deep Cleansing Oil. I absolutely love this product for two reasons. 1, it does an amazing job at removing literally ALL the makeup from my face. And secondly, it’s like having two products in one! Once this cleansing oil comes into contact with water, it transforms into something totally different. The oil becomes a creamy cleanser that helps to completely dissolve makeup from your face as well as providing your skin with a deep and thorough cleanse!
- The second cleanser I use is soooo gentle on the skin and assists with giving my face the hydration it needs. I use the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and it works perfectly for me. My face doesn’t feel in any way stripped after using it, and it is left clean, refreshed and hydrated.
Step No.2- Toner
After cleansing, it is super important that you apply a toner to help restore the PH of your skin as well as remove impurities in preparation for maximum hydration.
- Recently I have been using the Boots own brand Traditional Glycerin and Rosewater Toner. Not only does it smell amazing but it always leaves my face feeling incredibly smooth to the touch.
- I prefer to sprinkle the toner on my hands then gently pat it into my face- this way, I can avoid any unnecessary pulling and tugging, especially on those more sensitive-skin days!
- Remember, at this point, the goal isn’t to exfoliate but to nourish the skin!
Step No.3- Serum
Once the toner has fully absorbed into your skin, you can then use a serum as a way to retain moisture.
I love using serums as they have really helped produce the ‘glowy’ I had been dying to have!
Serums are able to fully penetrate into the skin so if you want maximum hydration, you really can’t skip this step!
- After seeing multiple recommendations on the internet, I decided to give the innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum a go. It is safe to say I was not disappointed with this product and I cannot recommend it to you enough. It is extremely lightweight and you can almost feel it invading your skin with it’s moisture!
- My second serum of choice is The Ordinary’s “Buffet” serum.
The Ordinary is one of my favourite brands as all of their products seem to work wonders for my skin at an incredibly affordable price!
- This serum contains peptides which, if you don’t know anything about, are brilliant for reducing fine lines and wrinkles. My face always feels much tighter after using this serum, I love it!
Step No.4- Eye care
I used to skip this step in the past, but once I started integrating it into my everyday night time skincare routine, I began to notice a big difference! Once again, after the previous product has fully absorbed into the skin, you can apply an eye cream or gel to brighten up those under-eyes and add yet another layer of moisture!
- At the moment I am using this Superdrug Vitamin C Brightening Eye Gel and you better believe me when I say it really does work! I apply the product under my eyes then use my fingers to pat the product in.
- Say bye-bye to dark circles and puffy eyes with this step!
Step No.5- Moisturiser
If there’s one thing you can’t go without in your night time skincare routine, it’s moisturiser! Don’t be shy with a good moisturiser, in my opinion, you can never have too much of it!
By using a moisturiser, you are locking in all of the steps you used to hydrate your face. I guess this is just like the LOC hair method, but for skin!
- Throughout the week, I alternate between two moisturisers. The first one is Beauty Bay’s own brand Thirst Class Rich Moisturiser. This moisturiser is so nourishing, it’s unbelievable! Its rich texture and subtle oaty scent easily makes this my no.1 moisturiser! And it’s so affordable!!
- On other days, I use the Dr Botanicals Artichoke Superfood Firming Night Moisturiser– whew, what a mouthful! This cream isn’t oily at all and really keeps your face feeling firm and moisturised till the next morning!
Step No.6 (Optional)- Night Mask
If you’re really looking for that maximum hydration, glowy skin look, I recommend you use a night mask about twice a week as part of your night time skincare routine. This will allow your skin to soak up some extra nourishing goodness whilst you sleep!
- This Revolution Thirsty Mood Quenching Overnight Face Mask is like giving your skin a drink of water!
- Some nights, I just apply an extra thick layer of the Thirst Class Rich Moisturiser, you really can’t go wrong with that.
And that’s it, my super nourishing night time skincare routine!
What does your night time skincare routine look like? Let me know in the comments below, I’d love to hear from ya!